Saturday, June 25, 2016

It's been a long, long time...

Hello everyone

It's been a long, long time since my last post.  I've been dealing with depression and anxiety issues, and a health issue that's not going to go away, this is why I have not posted in so long.  I have not been entirely inactive, I've started taking advantage of the discounts on the Battles Of Westeros sets available, it looks like this game and the expansions are discontinued.  Food for future projects.

But... at long last I do have something to show you, finally!! 

I've put in some work on the HaT Gallic chariots for my DBA Gallic Army.  They are getting there, so here is a look at them.











I like how these are turning out, though I am sorry that I can't really recommend the HaT product, not because of any issues with sculpting the figures, I have seen worse, and they do their jobs.  My complaint is with the extremely soft material, it is more like rubber than plastic, and the parts are flimsy.  I wish HaT would use a harder, stiffer material. 

All the same, I do like how these look, especially the Chief's chariot.  I am almost done assembling them, just need to mount the rest of the crew figures, yokes for the horses, then to apply the Army Painter on them like I've done for the rest of the army, maybe some chocks for under the wheels, though letting the wheels rest on top of flocking would work too.

They're getting there, though slowly.

All forward motion counts!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. They look nice Erica, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Phil! They were a long time coming! Actually I've just finished them less than an hour ago, I'll have pictures posted soon! :)

      Delete