Saturday, January 27, 2018

progress report on the Napoleonics

So I'm still limping along, I still have to talk about the other twelve figures that were done that brought the number to 16, but after getting four done of the batch of 32, here is how the remaining twenty eight are coming along. 

These are done except for painting the stands brown and throwing on some green flock for grass

















The latest work was painting the blue piping on their red collars

















The rest need to have that done yet


















They've all got their blanket rolls and knapsacks painted, maybe I will stop and break into painting four at a time, or maybe not, I cant decide, so I continue painting one detail on all twenty eight, then another detail, then another, by default.

I am still limping along.

Anyway, I've mentioned what inspired me to work on these, the video game and diorama depicted in the game, here are some screen captures to show you what I saw.


















You can see what I mean, little cannons with French flags waving, the cannons look like Civil War era Parrott rifled cannons, the crews look like British Highland Infantry.  They look like 28mm scale.

1 comment: