Tuesday, October 11, 2016

A change... for now.

Hello again, it's been a long time, but I have not been idle.

After spending some time painting toy army men, which I will get back to, maybe in my next post, I've started building 1/72 armor. How that started was an email asking me if I might be interested in some 1/72 tank model kits, of course I would be! So I swapped out some old Airfix 1/600 ship model kits... I already have lots of 1/700 Japanese warship model kits which I might get to at some point, maybe, possibly. In return for the ship models, I got a pair of Sherman Fireflies, a Cromwell, a Panzer Mark III J, a Jagdpanther, two Su-85's and an Airfix Panzer Mark IV, and some other goodies.

They soon arrived and I thought, I should at least build one. So I decided on the Jagdpanther, mostly because the later war German camouflage looks interesting and because in the past, that was a lot of what I did.

Well, the bulk of the kits were Armourfast models, which don't come with decals, so I had to order decals, and more decals, and more decals.

It took almost a week, but the Jagdpanther came together.






This was the first piece of 1/72 armor I had built and painted in years, but fortunately for me, I had a lot of help from all the youtube videos out there on how to build and weather them... and some Mig, Testors and Vallejo product.

I hope you all like it.

I like short posts, so I'll stop here and go on with the next post


1 comment: